Theme
Gear Up!
Description
Get your “stuff” together now, be it workout apparel, snacks, organizers, a gym bag, a juicer
To Do
Research -- now that you’ve determined your food and exercise program, figure out what things and gadgets you will need to execute your lofty plans
Be brave... take a deep breath and crack open the hall closet - not only a good opportunity to get organized, going through your closets and drawers to find what you already have in the way of gear could save you shopping money and time
Do shop as needed. Now is the time to get whatever items you still need. Target and Big Lots... even the 99 Cent Store may be have what you need at a fraction of the price you may encounter elsewhere. Let’s say you want to try an iPod -- the brand name costs about 4 times more than those you can find at Big Lots. And of course yard sales often harbor nearly new kitchen and workout items, virtually untouched by owners who never managed to make the commitment to use them
Nourish Yourself
Shop for the ingredients and foods and hardware you will need to succeed. Don’t forget light snacks and treats!
Check to make sure what you have is in good working order. Are your speed-walking shoes worn out? Leggings sprouting holes? Does your iPod need some fresh tunes or your stop watch some new batteries?
Tools
Get to know your tools of choice be they a balance ball, elastic bands, a pedometer or BodyBugg, or even bicycle. The more familiar you are with your equipment the more you will get out of it
Until you are absolutely sure you both love and will stick with your routine, there is no need to spend undue amounts on thingamabobs. When in doubt, borrow, or try a product of lesser quality.
Example, when I started swimming I was fairly sure I would hate it (and I did... for quite awhile!) So I purchased the bottom line cap, goggles and ear plugs. I promised myself when I achieved certain swimming goals I would reward myself with upgrades. Now each time I look at one of the superior items I traded up to I experience a momentary thrill of accomplishment and gratitude
Example, when I started swimming I was fairly sure I would hate it (and I did... for quite awhile!) So I purchased the bottom line cap, goggles and ear plugs. I promised myself when I achieved certain swimming goals I would reward myself with upgrades. Now each time I look at one of the superior items I traded up to I experience a momentary thrill of accomplishment and gratitude
Craig’s List and Play It Again Sports are great sources for good condition workout equipment
Get rid of old worn out gear. And give careful thought to what gear is best for YOU
Question
What gear can you use more efficiently? Example, do you employ hand weights while doing leg lifts? Do you have a chair you can use to do tricep dips and tone your arms for summer?
Thought
“Some say opportunity knocks only once, That is not true. Opportunity knocks all the time, but you have to be ready for it. If the chance comes, you must have the equipment to take advantage of it.” Louis L’Amour
Tidbit
Consumers spend $40 Billion a year on diets: http://www.businessweek.com/debateroom/archives/2008/01/the_diet_indust.html
If you don’t have an MP3 player (or music-playing Smartphone), seriously consider it... nothing inspires like your favorite music. And you can effectively drown out any unpleasant ambient conversation and get into your own happy zone. This link makes suggestions from the ‘budget to the best’: http://fwd.channel5.com/gadget-show/bestbuys/portable-audiovideo/mp3-players
Blogs & Articles
On inexpensive workout equipment: http://ezinearticles.com/?Home-Exercise-Equipment---Dont-Waste-Money---Read-This-First-Before-Buying-Home-Exercise-Equipment&id=1115278
In Sum
This is the time to check the condition of your equipment, from a workout bra to a jumprope to trampoline. Not only will this result in greater success, but aid in preventing injuries and discomfort






No comments:
Post a Comment